Engineered Hybrid Click Lock Vinyl Flooring is a revolutionary Click System that is designed to be harder wearing and more dimensionally stable during extreme temperatures.
The composition of Limestone and PVC together is the key element for engineering this perfect Click System. It also comes with pre-adhered underlay for improved acoustics and comfort underfoot.
The product is 100% waterproof and has been designed
to be able to go over slightly uneven floors shortening preparation time and reducing costs.
Engineered Hybrid Click Lock is definitely a smart choice for you.
Please note: This is only a guide and we always recommend that you use professional installers for our products as incorrect installation or preparation of the subfloor would void warranty. Installation should be in accordance with Australian Standards – AS 1884 – 2012 Floor Coverings – Resilient Sheet and Tiles – Installation Practices.
PRIOR TO LAYING
- Prior to installation the flooring should be removed out of the boxes and stacked in piles not greater than 5 boxes high 24 hours before installation and acclimatized within a set temperature between 65°(18°c) and 85°f (28°c). (Do not attempt to install this flooring outside of the recommended temperature unless you are a skilled installer, as correct measures need to be taken to prevent issues arising in the floor such as buckling.)
- Engineered Click Lock Flooring can float over existing hard level surfaces such as timber, concrete, existing vinyl and even ceramic tiles. (It is important to note that all substrates need to be level before laying the Engineered Click Lock flooring otherwise you can encounter imperfections in the floor that maybe present during and after the installation.)
- Any uneven surfaces will need to be leveled with leveling compounds or other material suitable for the application, please talk to a professional for the best advice for your subfloor.
- Stanley Knife
- Straight Edge
- Tape Measure
- Marking Pencil
- Hammer and tapping block
- Chalk Line
- Pull Bar (Optional but Advantageous)
- Table Saw, Jig Saw & Miter Saw (Optional)
- Safety Glasses
- Dust Mask
- Safety Gloves
STEP 1: FLOATING INSTALLATION
- Start installing parallel to the longest straightest wall, normally an exterior wall. Install the flooring pieces left to right. The groove side of the plank should be facing away from the starting wall.
- Using spacers, leave a minimum gap of 5mm – 12mm for expansion between the flooring and walls (The space you leave will depend on the distance of the length and width of the floor. You
may need to leave more gap depending on the overall span as well as using expansion joints for long distances.)
STEP 2: LAYING THE FIRST ROW
- After laying the first plank, lay the second plank in position and tap it toward the first plank to lock the ends of the boards together. Be sure to use a tapping block so you don’t damage the boards with the hammer. Continue laying the boards this way until you reach the other wall.
STEP 3: LAYING THE SECOND ROW
- To start the second row, install the first plank, ensure the plank is at least 8 inches longer or shorter than the first board in the previous row. There should be a minimum of 8-inch stagger between any one joint and the nearest joints in adjacent rows. Planks used to start or end a row should be at least 6 inches long.
- Next, install the second plank in the second row by inserting the tongue side into the groove first, then pressing the board down, locking it into the previous row. Then tap the board on its end with a tapping block and hammer to lock it into the previous board.
STEP 4: CONTINUE INSTALLING
- Continue installing rows, working left to right and adding additional planks in each row while maintaining a minimum 8-inch stagger between adjacent row joints.
STEP 5: CUTTING END OF ROW BOARDS
- The last board in each row should be cut to fit while still maintaining a 5mm – 12mm expansion gap at the wall. Here’s how:
- Flip the board over (placing the groove to your left.)
- Measure the board by the gap in the row.
- Mark and cut the board using a Stanley knife or saw.
- Then flip the board back over and it will be ready to be tapped into place.
- You may use the remaining piece to start the next row assuming it is a minimum of 6 inches long.
STEP 6: INSTALLING AROUND OBJECTS
- Use a hole saw drill bit to make perfect cuts for pipes.
- Use a jamb saw to cut the door frame for a cleaner finish.
- Use a jig saw or Stanley knife for cutting pieces around irregular shapes.
AFTER INSTALLATION / FLOOR CARE & MAINTENANCE
- Sweep up all rubbish and debris that are on the floor using a soft bristle broom.
- Any spare material left over should be stored away for future replacement if required.
- Install trims or existing skirting to cover the expansion gaps and transition strips where required.
- When moving furniture back on the flooring make sure to properly protect the flooring.
- Use felt protectors on furniture legs.
- Avoid rubber and petroleum-based products such as tires, casters, floor mats or asphalt sealers as these may contain chemicals that can permanently stain flooring.
- Clean the floor with a non-abrasive cleaning solution or warm soapy water using a PH neutral detergent as strong cleaner can cause permanent damage to your flooring.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a damp cloth to prevent staining.
- Sweep and vacuum the floor regularly to keep your floors looking beautiful and new for longer.
- Avoid long periods of sun exposure to the flooring by closing blinds and drapes on peek sunlight hours. This can cause colour fading and buckling in your floor due to extreme surface temperatures.
Care & Maintenance
Care & Maintenance
Luxury Vinyl Planks and other Vinyl Products are ideal for all areas in the home and most commercial environments.
Our collection ensures optimum style and premium quality that will provide many years of valuable performance.
In addition our products are designed for low maintenance, they are treated with a PUR coating on the surface that helps to defend against scuffing and scratching, it also means the floor does not need to be sealed after installation
We have done the hard work in the beginning to provide you a product that requires low maintenance but like everything it will still require some love and tender care.
Below are important but basic instructions on how to keep your floor looking new for years to come:
Cleaning After Installation:
- Gently remove all loose debris from the floor using a vacuum or a soft bristled broom/brush.
- If any adhesive is used and is visible on the surface remove immediately.
- Damp mop the floor with warm water or a pH neutral detergent.
- Vacuum, sweep or damp mop your floor to remove all dust and loose debris.
- When mopping just use warm water however if a deeper clean is necessary for stubborn dirt and marks you can use soapy warm water or a pH neutral detergent.
- Ensure all spills are quickly cleaned up, this will prevent stains.
- Ensure all furniture is fitted with felt pads on the base or feet of the object and never drag furniture across the floor; this will help prevent scratching and scuffing.
- Keep your floor away from direct sunlight by closing your shades or blinds to prevent discolouration from the sun as warranty does not cover this.
- “Wear Through” is defined, as the removal of the surface wear layer to the degree in which no colour and pattern is apparent.
- “Commercial” is defined as one in which business is conducted.
- “Residential” is defined as a private domestic residence.
- Glue Down – 30 Year Residential & 15 Year Commercial Wear Warranty
- Click Lock – 30 Year Residential & 15 Year Commercial Wear Warranty
- Loose Lay – 30 Year Residential & 15 Year Commercial Wear Warranty
The following is a list of conditions that have to be met for any Warranty Claims.
- Product Warranty applies from the date of purchase only to the original purchaser and they must provide their full proof of purchase.
- The product has been installed in accordance with the AS/NZS 1884 – 2012 Floor Coverings Act – Resilient sheet & tile – installations practices including the product installation Guide.
- The Subfloor meets the building standard under AS/NZS 1884 current at the time of installation and the appropriate adhesives were used that were recommended for the application.
- The product used has been installed in the correct room or rooms specified by the supplier.
- More than 5% of defect has to be apparent on the overall product.
- The flooring has been maintained in accordance with the Maintenance Guide.
The following is a list of exclusions that will not be covered under the Product Warranty.
- Damage caused due to improper use or improper maintenance specified by Unideco
- Defects caused by incorrect installation and/ or incorrect subfloor preparation, including insufficient attention to the subfloor dampness.
- Damage caused by stains, excessive heat, cuts, scratches and/or other abuses that the floor may be subjected to during usage not determined as fair wear and tear.
- Damage caused by indentation and abrasion, eg: unprotected castor wheels, furniture legs and all footwear.
- Any claim resulting from a manufacturing defect which is not notified to the company prior to installation.
- Any issues that arise from expansion and contraction of product due to extreme temperatures.
- Any accidental damage such as fire or flood.
- All installation & labor costs including the removal of the defected product.
- Fading and Discolouration.
- All Claims must be submitted to the retailer from which the flooring was purchased. If the retailer is no longer trading then you may submit your claim directly through the supplier office in writing.
- All claims must be made as soon as they are apparent.
- Your retailer must provide the supplier with all the specific documents relevant to your job including your proof of purchase, product details, installation and subfloor information including the installer’s details, samples of the defected product with full photographs and a report of the defect including any areas related to the issue.
- Once the claim has been submitted it will be referred on to the Warranty Team who will then investigate your case. At this point in time if more information is required to make the correct assessment they will get in touch with the relevant retailer. If the claim has been accepted we will advise your retailer to make arrangements to provide the same or similar replacement of the original product.
Delivery Costs and Timeframes
- Free delivery for orders over 50m2 applies to delivery locations with 50km of a depot in conjunction with order quantity over 50m2,
- Delivery of the products will be affected in the manner described on this website. i.e. Items purchased online will (subject to availability) be dispatched by freight the as soon as practicable after receiving payment for your order (and usually within one (1) business days.
- The purchaser or a legal representative of the purchaser must be on-site to receive the delivery and sign for the goods on the specified date of delivery. If no-one is present on-site to receive the order, goods will not be left unattended and an additional delivery fee will be charged for next attempt of delivery.
- You acknowledge and agree that any person at the delivery address who receives and signs for the delivery is authorised by you.
- The delivery driver will only drop goods within 5m of where the delivery vehicle can safely park for the delivery. Goods will not be carried by hand by the drivers up pathways, stairs or undriveable driveways.
- You or a representative will need to be at the delivery location to help unload.
- If alternative delivery or unloading arrangements are made by you or your representative without our knowledge and/or consent, you will be liable for additional costs incurred.
- We must have a street address for any order submitted. We can’t ship to PO Boxes.
- Risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you upon delivery.
- Any damaged material must be reported immediately by email or phone to Unideco and photos provided by email within 24hrs to make a claim.
- The customer must take measure to ensure goods are protected from the elements such as rain or flooding and are solely responsible for the goods immediately after delivery has been made.
- We undertake to comply with the terms of our Delivery Policy in relation to ensuring delivery in a timely matter.
- You acknowledge that we are not liable for any losses or damages suffered directly or indirectly by you as a consequence of any delay in dispatch or delivery.
- Only Samples can be delivered without a signature if the purchaser has granted an “Authority to Leave” without signature at the time of checkout. If you grant “Authority to Leave”, you agree that Unideco does not bear any responsibility or liability to you for any consignments that are lost or stolen after our carriers have recorded the parcel as “successfully delivered”.
- Delivery time frame: 3-5 Business days for Metro, 7-10 Business days for Regional areas.
- For Victorian deliveries, we deliver Monday to Friday via freight or courier depending on the delivery location. Once payment for your order is received we or a representative from our freight company will contact you 24hrs prior to delivery to arrange a delivery time.
- For interstate orders, a Freight Company will be used. They will call 24hrs prior to delivery to arrange a delivery time. Unfortunately, we will not be able to guarantee an exact date or time of delivery.
- There may be circumstances out of our control that could delay shipping or delivery. We accept your order on the basis that we cannot be responsible for delays including, but not limited to, delays out of our control. If there are any unexpected delays, we will advise you as soon as we are aware and keep you updated with the status of your order.
- Freight and delivery charges will be notified to you at the time your order is placed, if applicable. These charges may depend on your location, size, weight and quantity of product(s) ordered. Orders for multiple products may be split across multiple deliveries depending on where it was shipped from.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.